Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I am sure you are wondering what I think of last night's results - UPDATED 3/6/08 below

Alright, I guess I need to say something about the primaries. You know, the public demands it (smile). But quite frankly, and I am sure it has to do with the outcome, I don't have a lot of energy for it.

One, I spoke with Omar on the phone last night (I will post about the conversation sometime today) and after falling just a little more in love, the election just doesn't seem so important.

And two, I know because of last night's results we will be in for at least six more weeks of battling before the April Pennsylvania primary, and I am just worn out with it all. I am ready to disconnect from politics, at least a little bit.

And of course, three, I am bummed Obama lost. Although, I was just reminded by a Republican coworker that Wyoming and Mississippi will both hold primaries in the next week, both of which Obama is projected to win, and that Obama continues to hold an insurmountable delegate lead.

Also, Obama continues to lead in the popular vote, even when you add in Florida. Only when you add in Michigan, where Obama wasn't even on the ballot, does Clinton take the lead in the popular vote.

Quite frankly though, I just want a president who will leave Omar, and all our nation's kids, including any more we adopt, with a better country than when he or she found it. I do think Obama has a better shot at that than Clinton, but I think either of them will do much better than McCain. So, as long as it is one of them, I will be happy. Of coures, I still want Obama to win.

So, what do I think of last night's results? Click here on drb continued to read the rest of the post, including updates.

2 comments:

  1. DRB, not to worry. I think this will work out in the end. Obama is not out of it yet. Even if HRC wins the nomination, we must rally around her to make sure McCain does not win. McCain is not the end of the world, but he will not do anything to rock the boat and bring change to our country. And he will get to appoint more wackos to the Supreme Court... something our children and grandchildren will have to endure.

    Peace, Obama in '08 but we can still accept Hillary despite her misbavior.

    Billy Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Billy Bob! I think the protracted election is good for people. I noticed an article in the NY Times about workers in Wyoming. When was the last time workers rights in a central plains state made the news. Let it be all Democrats all the time on the news. As long as they don't beat each other up too bad!

    ReplyDelete

FRIENDS
LINKS