Monday, May 26, 2008

Sometimes the little things make you smile

Five things I am thankful for:

  1. I have been able to watch both Games One and Two of the Stanley Cup Finals series between the Detroit Red Wings and Pittsburgh Penguins. If you don't know, I am a Red Wings fan. If you also don't know, I grew up playing hockey - I was a goalie; a lot of pucks to the head. I sometimes miss playing, I haven't played since we moved to Arizona. So, watching the series is a bit of nostalgia for me. I always enjoy watching hockey, even though I don't often, it is the best sport in the world.
  2. I read a fun book this weekend, Boomsday, by Christopher Buckley. A bit of political satire about a blogger and political activist who convinces a presidential candidate that the best way to deal with the social security crisis is to provide incentives to Baby Boomers to kill themselves at 70. Ha! Well written, with good character development. And, very funny! I enjoyed it so much I will probably find more of Buckley's books to read.
  3. We had our friends, Greg and Lisa, Kathryn and Justin - and their three-year old son Elliot - over for a BBQ yesterday afternoon. The highlight was when Beth pulled out the finger paints for Elliot. They sat on the pool deck making masterpieces. Elliot seemed mostly to enjoy painting with his feet and I enjoyed cleaning him off with the hose!
  4. It is a four day work week!
  5. Our house is clean, we are replacing our broken living room ceiling fan and xeriscaping our front lawn. Remember drbism #105.
Please leave one thing you are thankful for in the comments. And enjoy your four day work week!

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful that I finally have a banner ad on your page (I'm the guy in the pink shirt with the blue blazer - all that I'm missing is my white captain's hat...).

    And I am also thankful that we just experienced a glorious weekend of weather here in Phoenix. It was 110 on Tuesday, and I was wearing a sweatshirt on Saturday. Looking forward to escaping to San Fransisco this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at the New Global Citizens event! Don't fall in the water and don't feed the seals!

    ReplyDelete

FRIENDS
LINKS