Thursday, May 29, 2008

This could be a long one

Well, it was going to be anyway. A big long post.

I was going to write a big long post about me being in a funk the last few weeks and how I am ready to be out of the funk and move on with life and get back to being healthy, productive Aaron.

I was going to talk about what got me in the funk - a lot to do with Omar - and all the feelings I was feeling in my funk. I was going to talk about my 32 year old, "I know everything" existential crisis and write about my doubts about life having any meaning and all that jazz...

I even came up with this great little line, "It's funny, well sad really, how quickly you can lose faith when you don't believe in god, and you aren't quite sure if, as Gen Xers are so fond of saying, ad nasuem, as a way of not really having to deal with the uncertainty and the really hard questions they face when giving up their parents' religion, 'everything does happen for a reason'."

Phew, pretty good, huh? Kind of elitist, though. Something I couldn't say during a presidential run even if I wanted to. But still pretty good, I would like to say.

Anyway, I was all prepared to write a big long, deep romantic boy kind of post about all my sadness and all my drama and how I am ready to leave that all behind. Buuutttt, that was before the bottle of wine. Annnnndddd, it was before I started flipping between "Last Comic Standing" and "So, You Think You Can Dance". (Thursday night is our one TV night.)

And, sometime during the evening I realized how hard it is to write a big deep romantic boy kind of post when you are drinking wine and flipping channels between entertaining but mind wasting television. Plus, I realized it is hard to explain a three to four week mental/emotional process in the space of a single blog post. And I also realize just how melodramatic my little existential crisis was anyway.

But, mostly it was the wine.

Wine, it's actually part of the problem. In the "I have been drinking too much wine and all the sugar is making me fat" sort of way. Not in the "I am an alcoholic" kind of way. Well, I hope anyway.

So, I have been drinking a little too much wine, eating a little too much food, not exercising enough, getting a little pudgier, sleeping too much and not super engaged in most of life. You know, your garden variety depressed sort of thing.

Let me tell you, it's been a whole lot of fun - yay - but I am ready to move on.

I am ready to exercise, ready to eat healthy and ready to re-engage in life. Ready to be all the light sides of Aaron.

And, that is what I intend to do.

Starting Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. i, too, was flipping between those 2 shows. thank god last comic was on for an extra half hour after s.y.t.y.c.d. otherwise it woulda been local news for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your postwasthe best lunch time reading ever. Nice work love
    provided

    ReplyDelete

FRIENDS
LINKS