Thursday, June 5, 2008

Tonight, in yoga, we contemplated the meaning of life.

Our yogi shared his thoughts:

"Why are you here?" he asked rhetorically.

"You are here because you are here" he answered himself.

"So," he continued, "what are you going to do now? Are you going to freak out? Or, are you going to coexist peacefully?"

"You have some choices here."
According to our yogi, yoga teaches us that we are the embodiment of our eternal essence. Yoga teaches that we are here to learn how to live fully, as ourselves.

He didn't ask us to believe, he invited us only to contemplate.

So, I contemplated.

"Who am I?" I asked myself in one-legged king pigeon pose (I just like saying that). "And, why am I here?"

Here is what emerged...
I am open heart.

I demonstrate open heart. I share my suffering, my anger, my jealousy, my love.

Flawed, scarred, it beats perfectly, my heart.

Open, it seeks love, it gives love. It yearns to find the hearts of others.

My heart leads, my head follows. My imperfect actions are the imperfections of my heart.

I am here to learn the wisdom of my heart. I am here to share my heart.
__________________________________________________________________________
Ahhh, that feels nice. Glad I got that out. Sometimes, it is good to be reminded just exactly why we are here.

So, after this contemplation, our yogi closed our practice with these words, "We have, if you will, two choices for how we exist in this world. On one end of the spectrum we can live in communion as brothers and sisters."

"On the other end, we can seek to destroy one another."

"There are many, many shades in between, but, at the end of the day, it boils down to those two choices."

"So," he asked, "How do you want to live in this world?"

"Good question," I thought. So, I contemplated. And, I decided.

I want to live with an open heart. And, I want to live in communion with all of you, my brothers and my sisters. That is how I want to live in this world

So, the obvious question seems, "How do YOU want to live in this world?"

I invite you to contemplate.

Yours truly,

DRB

No comments:

Post a Comment

FRIENDS
LINKS