Friday, December 26, 2008

It's been fun!



Today is my last day with Valley of the Sun United Way.

I leave with mixed emotions, excited about my new opportunity and sad about leaving all the great people I work with at United Way. They are great people doing great things, making a difference in countless lives and improving our community.

As of January 12, 2009, I will serve as the Advancing Philanthropy program manager for the ASU Lodestar Center for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Innovation. I am tremendously honored and excited about this new opportunity. The Center is a leader in helping nonprofit organizations and those who support them.

I will be creating programs, workshops and other services to help philanthropists in strategic giving. What this means exactly is still to be defined, but I have some ideas =) As part of my interview process I had to present on a 90-day business plan. Creating that plan has provided me fertile soil for my imagination to plant ideas and hope they grow.

Next week Beth, Omar and I, along with the pups, head to Bisbee to unplug and refresh. The next two weeks overall will be time spent planning, reflecting, having fun, cleaning things out, relaxing, internetting, reading and writing. I hope to begin the new year with a fresh perspective and full of energy.

As of today, I will be phoneless, I am not sure for how long. So, if anyone needs anything, feel free to email me at aastiner@yahoo.com

All the best and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

FRIENDS
LINKS